I’m back on track after a slight setback with the hamstring last week. Things are looking good for getting to the start without any issues.
This week was a bit of a weird one as I ramped back up to normal mileage, and also had some travel to Vancouver and Victoria to work around.
- Monday: 3.7km still at easy pace but things were feeling okay and ready to start building back again.
- Tuesday: 5.2km “tempo” pace dipping under 5:00/km average. Just a slight bit of tightness left.
- Wednesday: 6.1km “tempo” pace dipping under 5:00/km average. Just a slight bit of tightness left.
- Thursday: 8.0km at 4:52/km which is comfortably fast for me. The goal was to run a bit longer and then assess how it felt the day after.
- Friday: 10km at 4:47/km? I think we can declare the recovery nearly complete pending a long Sunday run to really give it a test.
- Saturday: 4.5km in Victoria, B.C., after a pretty long day that started with an early ferry ride, included a ton of walking and ended with a later day run.
- Sunday: 23.6km long run around Victoria and including a TON of pretty hilly terrain. I felt strong on the hills and the leg gave me no trouble at all. Woo!
That was 61km for the week which is pretty good considering I started off so slowly and ended it working running around travel. Three weeks until race day and I think everything should be fine.