This was supposed to be a step back week, and in some ways it was.
My runs this week:
- Monday: 6.2km easy. Kept the pace reasonable as I tried to ease into the week and rest up at least a little before the next push.
- Tuesday: 10.0km tempo run. Solid tempo effort at 4:30/km pace average.
- Wednesday: 12.0km with 6 x 600m hills. A little slower up each hill, with good results. Lower heart rate at the bottom of each repeat and stronger finish.
- Thursday: 6.1km at not-so-easy pace as it was cold. Not tempo pace either though, so we’ll call it a successful run.
- Friday: 10.0km with more snow on the ground. The footing was terrible and the pace was 5:10/km as a result.
- Saturday: 5.2km easy. Backed off and did just 5km instead of six. Not a real difference overall since the Sunday and Wednesday runs were longer than planned.
- Sunday: 22.3km with the SDRC guys. This was a pretty easy run with a good bit of stopping to wait here and there and just generally slower and easy.
Week nine is done with a total of 72km across the seven runs. A little less than the weeks prior, but that’s the point with the step-back week. Now we push for a bit up to the 29 and 30km runs and Around the Bay in just four weeks!