Another month has passed so it’s time for the monthly report. Overall it was another good month. I ran longer Sunday runs, took a bit of a rest week, but still met the goals I had set out. April was the third month in a row I topped 300km for the month. I also committed to run a full marathon (virtually) in May.
- Become a daily runner and run every single day in 2021: Month four and the streak continues. There were 30 days in April, and I ran on all 30 of them. ✅
- Run more in 2021 than I have in any previous year (2,431.2km): I logged a total of 313km in April to bring me to 1,213km for the year. I’m way ahead of pace to hit 2,431km for the year and still about on pace for 3,600km. ✅
- Reach and maintain Strava Fitness and Freshness score of >80: I had a peak score of 71 this month after a 32km long run a mid-month. To end the month, I’m at 68 which is an increase of six points over the course of the month. With a marathon on tap and GVRAT starting on May 1, I’m anticipating getting close to 80 soon.
- Run 50km in a single run, preferably on my 50th birthday: It’s not going to happen on my birthday. If things go as planned, I’ll run 42.2km sometime in May to complete the BMO Vancouver Marathon (virtually). I’ll save the 50km for later in the year. I’m honestly starting to wonder why I set this as a goal.
- Revive, refresh and post regularly on my running blog: I posted six times this month which is less than previous, but still decent. With GVRAT starting, I expect to have more to write about in May. ✅