The summer doldrums arrived and my desire to keep piling up miles, and to keep blogging about it waned.
Here’s the usual breakdown of how I’m doing against my annual goals.
- Become a daily runner and run every single day in 2021: It’s month eight and the streak continues. There were 31 days in August, and I ran on all 31 of them. Daily running is so ingrained, that I don’t even think about it anymore. Four months or 122 days to go. 🟢
- Run more in 2021 than I have in any previous year (2,431.2km): I logged a total of 239km in August which used to be a big month for me. Now I look at that total and wonder why it’s so low? I’m finishing the month at 2,524km which is already nearly 100km more than my biggest year ever and I can officially tick off this goal way early. ✅
- Reach and maintain Strava Fitness and Freshness score of >80: I started the month at 64 and slowly declined to a 54 to finish it up. Hey Strava, you might want to rethink this metric. I’m just as fit as I was to start the month (my VO2 Max is consistent) but the algo only rewards those who continually pile on more and more. ✅
- Run 50km in a single run, preferably on my 50th birthday: Still completed! ✅
- Revive, refresh and post regularly on my running blog: I posted just twice this month which is low and reflects the general feelings about running this month. I just don’t have much to say. ✅