July brought recovery from injury, a return to form and the completion of GVRAT 2021.
Here’s the usual breakdown of how I’m doing against my annual goals.
- Become a daily runner and run every single day in 2021: It’s month seven and the streak continues. There were 31 days in July, and I ran on all 31 of them including getting out daily while on vacation for a few days in Montreal. 🟢
- Run more in 2021 than I have in any previous year (2,431.2km): I logged a total of 345km in July which was about 36km more than I ran in June. That brings me to 2,285km for the year and within striking distance of my biggest year ever which I’ll likely surpass early in August. 🟢
- Reach and maintain Strava Fitness and Freshness score of >80: I started the month at 69 and built to a high of 74. Strava’s scoring method rewards continual increases in effort while punishing consistent running. Even with consistent 5-6km runs daily, my score is falling and I’m ending the month at 62. I don’t anticipate getting back to 80 anytime soon but I achieved my goal in June. ✅
- Run 50km in a single run, preferably on my 50th birthday: Still completed! ✅
- Revive, refresh and post regularly on my running blog: I posted five times this month which is average. ✅