After great May, I hit a few snags in June. But in terms of progress against my goals it was pretty decent. I started off running big miles, but injury later in the month meant I had to pull back a bit to ensure I could continue to run daily. GVRAT took a back seat to my annual goals for a bit.
Here’s the usual breakdown of how I’m doing against my annual goals.
- Become a daily runner and run every single day in 2021: It’s month six and the streak continues. There were 30 days in June, and I ran on all 30 of them despite some issues with injury. ✅
- Run more in 2021 than I have in any previous year (2,431.2km): I logged a total of 309km in June which was about 100km less than I ran in May. That brings me to 1,941km for the year which tops my 2020 total already.
- Reach and maintain Strava Fitness and Freshness score of >80: I started the month at 80 and built to a high of 87. The mileage cutback to recover has cost me dearly and I’m ending the month at 69. But I’m going to call 18 days at >80 a completion of this goal. ✅
- Run 50km in a single run, preferably on my 50th birthday: Still completed! I’m very glad I decided to do this on May 2. I don’t think running either a marathon or a 50km would have been in the cards after the push for 1000km of GVRAT. ✅
- Revive, refresh and post regularly on my running blog: I posted four times this month which is just okay. ✅