March has come to an end and it was a great month for running for me. I ramped things up a fair bit and reached all the goals I have set aside from the 50km run which isn’t really a monthly goal.
- Become a daily runner and run every single day in 2021: There are 31 days in March, and I ran all 31 of them. ✅
- Run more in 2021 than I have in any previous year (2,431.2km): I logged a total of 327km in March to bring me to 900km for the year. That is 301km ahead of pace. I’m on pace to run 3,600km in 2021 at this rate. ✅
- Reach and maintain Strava Fitness and Freshness score of >80: I had a peak score of 65 this month after a long run a couple weeks ago. To end the month, I’m at 62 which is an increase of just three points over the course of the month. Strava rewards steady increases in miles and intensity and penalizes for rest.
- Run 50km in a single run, preferably on my 50th birthday: This is still planned for the future as I have more work to do in terms of building endurance. There’s still some minor hope that Niagara Ultra might happen this year which I would probably use to run my 50km.
- Revive, refresh and post regularly on my running blog: I posted 11 times this month as I completely relaunched the site, added a YouTube channel and picked up a GoPro to do regular videos. ✅